We are very much a family orientated dental practice and treating children is at the centre of our care.
We understand the importance of a positive dental experience in your childhood and encourage children to attend with their parents.
Our aim is to see children smiling after visiting their dentist and maintaining excellent dental health.
Dental tips for Children
Establishing good dental care at a young age is essential to a lifetime of excellent oral health.
- 0 -2 years brush teeth + gums with water only.
- 2 years brush teeth + use a pea sized amount of tooth paste on the brush.
- Brush twice daily — before breakfast in the morning and last thing before bed at night.
- Limit the amount of sugary snacks in the diet particularly between meals.
- Choose healthy snacks.
- Milk and water are recommended drinks
- Ensure your child is brought to the dentist regularly – every six months.
- Mouth guards or sports guards. As children get older they get more involved in contact sport – Gaelic football, Hurling, rugby. Make sure they get a custom made mouth guard fitted by their dentist to give the best protection.
- Fissure seal the permanent teeth as they appear in the mouth starting at age 6-7 years. (see under FAQ’s)
Finally healthy baby teeth make for healthy permanent teeth so make sure to bring your child for regular check ups.
Here are some child friendly videos for you to enjoy!
Useful leaflets to download
Snack right smile bright leaflet